ExHealth Rehabilitation Services is an Allied Health Exercise Physiology (EP) practice that uses exercise and muscle therapy techniques to assist members of the Wyndham & Hobsons Bay community to manage chronic & acute illness and disability.
Exercise Physiology treatment plans at ExHealth are designed to improve patient quality of life and every day function for those living with chronic illness. This can include: improving the function of walking by strengthening weakened muscles affected by Polio or Cerebral Palsy, improving leg and cardiovascular strength as a result of an extended period of not moving after a recent hospital admission or it could be maintaining the ability to hang the washing after suffering a broken shoulder.
All therapy programs are individualized and a range of appointment times are offered.
We aim to -
1. Assist you to address the challenges of managing your disease and physical activity by communicating the importance of acting now in return for future benefits i.e. these are medically & scientifically directed programs with positive physiological adaptations
2. Inspire you to self manage conditions and acknowledge the importance of physical activity levels
3. Improve your work and functional capabilities
4. Provide you with realistic and measurable results, timeframes and treatment plans
5. Develop programs that will produce results
6. Listen to your needs
7. Decrease pain levels
8. Improve physiological markers such as reduced HbA1C, lowered cholesterol and BP readings, increase spirometry results + more