1. Exercise Physiology 1-1, 1-2 - condition management specific
3. Personal Training 1-1, 1-2
4. Lymphoedema Massage
5. Remedial therapy and manual manipulation techniques are on offer
6. Sport Science - Lactate testing, HR threshold zones, exercise (strength and conditioning) training programs across a variety of sports
(Remedial Therapy and Personal Training is not covered through Medicare or DVA), however rebates maybe available through your private health fund for remedial therapy.
ExHealth also accepts WorkCover and TAC clients. When calling to make an appointment, patients are advised to notify us as relevant paper work will need to be submitted at the time of your appointment. Workcover patients without written prior approval will be billed directly for any services. This documentation must be submitted at the time of your first consultation.
Rebates may be available on Exercise physiology services under Medicare or Private health with appropriate documentation and allied health referral forms.
Remedial Treatments focus on specific problems such as
• Upper quadrant such as shoulder, arm and/or wrist treatments
• Lower Back Pain & Sciatica symptoms
• Lower quadrant such as hip, ITB, Hamstring, gluteals, quadriceps and lower leg muscles such as tibialis anterior/posterior, peroneals, gastrocnemius and soleus
Remedial Therapy can include dry needling, cupping and does engage the use of trigger point therapy. Treatment plans are designed to work with the involved deep and superficial muscles. Plans also involve the use of corrective exercise and stretching which patients are encourage to undertake at home.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
MLD massage is a gentle and extremely soft massage. The process and hand techniques encourage the flow of the lymphatic system. Hand techniques are specialized. The lymphatic system moves waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. Specifically the technique:
1. Assists in preventing scarring and enabling the body to remove unwanted fluid (post surgery and post injury)
2. Edema management such as lymphoedema
3. Breast Surgery
7. Gastroenterology such as constipation and digestive disorders